So this happened this morning and it was too perfect to be real 💙🇮🇸 Can’t believe I’ve finally swam in the Blue Lagoon! I remember seeing an ad for this on the subway years ago and promised myself I’d make it here one day 😊🧜♀️ PS- yes it’s definitely worth the hype 😉
An awesome little spot to soak your worries away...and find some reprieve from the recent cold snap. 🔥 For more about these hot springs, visit my blog: bit.ly/lussier-hot-springs
2,87916620 February, 2019
By far one of the coolest places I’ve been. These hot springs are out in the middle of the woods. They are so underdeveloped that you feel like you are alone, exploring an as of yet undiscovered oasis. A slice of heaven amongst the tourist hot spots.
Went hiking at Alum Rock park in San Jose the other day. Mineral springs in the area make this a popular tourist destination, but the geology is also pretty cool! Hydrothermal fluids have permeated surrounding sedimentary and volcanic rocks, resulting in a white crust of sulfate mineralization which early visitors mistook as alum (hence the name of the park). Hydrothermal activity may be the result of frictional heating along the Calaveras fault, which runs just a couple miles northeast of the park. Most of the rocks in the area are a part of the Claremont Fm., composed of mid-Miocene age ribbon cherts and shale layers, or the Briones Fm., an upper Miocene fossiliferous sandstone unit. The sedimentary layers here have been upturned and folded in some places (pictures 6-7), making for some sweet structural geology (see: me grinning on the outcrop for scale).
Sometimes you have to make the best of a bad situation, and it turns out pretty great. ••• Our very first family vacation with bebe was derailed before it even began by a situation with the hot springs at the resort we had booked into. My plans to hand baby to grandma and drink pina coladas in the mineral pools mere feet away from our door were dashed by an alleged outbreak of hot tub rash 😬 (see link in bio) but the resort has done a great job of making us feel welcome—offering free passes to the public hot springs a block away 💦 and giving heavy discounts on the rooms and spa services. Mama got a MASSAGE. 💯 ••• This hot pool is where we spent the afternoon. I was sad that baby couldn’t come, but maybe we needed the moment. Some say the building is dated; we thought it was actually quite timeless. It reminded us of the pools in Iceland, where incidentally we got engaged. 💛 There’s always a silver lining. xoxo
When you discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough to make room for it in your life.” ~Jean Shinoda Bolen
16131 minutes ago
How can it be that we’re on the final day of #nfsoulshare#yogachallenge . This is one of my favorite challenges for sure. I absolutely loved learning all about you! For the final day, we are sharing our some of our bucket list items. I have so many, but my top 5 are...
1) Hike Iceland and while I’m there, I’d like to take a dip in one of the geothermal springs and hopefully catch the northern lights too.
2) To feed my obsession for #castles , I’d love to see the Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany and the Mont Saint Michel Castle in France.
3) Walk the Great Wall of China
4) Hike the entire #Appalachian Trail from Georgia to Maine. Here’s a pic of me and my daughter at the top of Sharp Top Mountain, which is trail off of the Appalachian. On a clear day, you’re able to see the remains of a B-52 bomber that went down during a training mission and killed all five crewmen 😢.
5) Write a book. I’ve started and scrapped so many ideas. In 2009, I actually drafted a book and solicited the first chapter to the major publishers. One called back and asked for the full manuscript. While proofreading it for the millionth time, I decided I didn’t like what I wrote at all and scrapped it completely. I’d like to get back to it one day.
Hosts: @yogamamampls@email@example.com@smashletics@movewithdevyn .
Generous sponsor: @namastefitlife
Day 1: Intro- few basic facts and a 'Selfie' 😜
Day 2: Self Care Routine
Day 3: Quirky Fact or Characteristic
Day 4: Favorite Quote or Lyric
Day 5: Family/Home
Day 6: Share one of your Biggest Fears
Day 7: Top of your Bucket List (a few)